Stastical Investigation

LI: To use Stastical Investagation to find data and information.

In this activity we found how many year 7 – 8 students at Panmure Bridge School have pets and What kind of pets that the have. A Statistical Investigation is a cycle of: Posing a question, for example Do you have a pet? Not a question like: Do you like? Or What’s your favourite? Then Plan investigation. After plan investigation it is Gather Data, (asking a people the question and tally mark it as 1.) For example Do you have a pet? The person would respond as yes and that would be 1 tally mark for yes. Next is Analyse the data, (Checking the data and make a bar graph or a pie chart to make a graph like this.)

Lastly Forming a Conclusion, this means to look at your data to confirm your final point We found that 11 students do not have and pets 9 students have pets. 6 students have cats, 8 students have dogs and 5 students have fish.

5 thoughts on “Stastical Investigation

1. Malo e lelei Riley!
    I know that this would be useful for people like me, thanks to you, and that it makes sense, especially with the charts, I love the good work, keep the amazing work up Riley!

2. Kia Ora Riley

I like how you gathered data and planning an investigation on finding what the LS2 students pet they have, you explained this very well and I like the DLO you put on this blog post.

Good work RIley!

1. Talofa Lava, Kane

Thank you for commenting on my blog post. Thank for the feedback you have given. Do you have any other feedback for me or maybe what I should do next time.

3. Hi Riley

I really like how you had to find out and gather data about what pets people have and if they have an pet. you did really well on your post, mabey next time you could ask the teachers if they have any pets. Keep it up with the work you have been doing.

1. Talofa Lava, Densyn

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I will definitely ask the teachers if they have any pets.