Rebus Puzzle l Summer Learning Journey

My story is : When I went to Niue I almost got a 🎒of 🥥’s  but came 🥈in a race around our village. I went to the 🏖️ and went  🏊ing and went 🎣in the rock pools. I ended up catch 2 🐟 which I think is a great amount. Altogether we caught 12 🐟.

Our challenge was tell a story but express it in emojis. My story was about me going to Niue and coming 2nd in a race around villiage. I was super out of breath when I fnished the race. My story was also about me going rock fishing and catching 2 fishing.

This activity was enjoyable as I expressed my story in emojis

One thought on “Rebus Puzzle l Summer Learning Journey

1. Tēnā koe Riley,

I love these rebus activities as I find the rebus riddles so fun, this term we did a rebus riddle every morning before roll call as a daily riddle! This activity is even better as it uses both rebus riddles and literacy skills as you write your story.

I think your story was very cool. I love a classic summer story featuring the hot sun and annoying summer flies. You did an awesome job selecting emojis that clearly translate to the word they mean. A cool step up may be challenging yourself to use two emojis to make one word.

I see that you went to Niue, is that where your family is from or did you go on a holiday?

I would like to know what emojis you would use to write your name??

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ