These Shoes Have a Story to Tell

LI: To use the 5 senses and personification to help us paint a picture with words 

LI: To understand that personification is to give an inanimate object human qualities

Our challenge was to co construct a text using personification and the senses to describe the story behind the shoes in this image. We sat back to back and weren’t able to talk. I thought that was the hardest part. Half way through Mrs Anderson challenged us to include a rhetorical question and a simile or metaphor which made our writing even better.

Once we had completed this part of the challenge we joined together with another group to share our writing and make sure what we had written made sense. 

After that part of the challenge was finished we used the punctuation points game to tally how points we got. We marked eachother’s punctuation against the points table. We then had a chance to check our own work against the points table. That was fun because every point our partners missed menat we could take a point off theirs.

I found this activity exciting because my partner kept on changing the course of the story.