Tension Graphs

LI: To gauge the tension in a text.

From Afghanistan To Aotearoa                                    My Name is Rez                                           Escape From Afghanistan

Our challenge in this activity was to gauge the tension across the events in the text. We needed to change the line height to show the change in tension as the story progressed.  The level of tension each event was rated (1-10) to show how we were feeling as each event unfolded. The Tension graph showed how the main charecter felt during the different acts. This was a collaborative challenge so we needed to have a learning conversation to discuss our ideas and decide the tension level as a group. We did this challenge for the texts ‘Escape From Afghanistan ‘, “From Afghanistan to Aotearoa’ and ‘My name is Rez’. I think the tension graph with the most tension is from Escape from Afghanistan because the tension ranged from 1 – 10. This tension graph was the only one to get to the 10. 

I found this activity interesting because of how we can infer about what the main charecter felt like.